Federal relief for employees impacted by floods

Please follow up with the City if this applies to you – if you have had to miss work due to the flooding:

If you have been impacted by the flooding in British Columbia and have been unable to attend work, you may qualify for the flood relief Employment Insurance (EI) benefits that have been announced by the federal government.


If you would like to apply for these benefits, please contact the payroll department (Payroll@burnaby.ca or 604-294-7367) and outline the dates you were impacted. The payroll department may issue a Record of Employment (ROE) so that you may proceed with your claim.